blog > why do hk businesses need websites?
Why do HK businesses need websites?
27th of September 2018
I realised early in my career that any client who can't answer that question – quickly – is not going to be much fun to work for. And it's amazing how many people can't.
There aren't that many reasons why you would need a website. Generally – and I'm assuming you're a small business based in Hong Kong – they boil down to variations of the following:
- To generate leads to whom I can (later) sell my product or service (brochureware)
- To sell my product to consumers (e-commerce)
- To make my service available to consumers (software as a service)
Here are some terrible reasons why you need a website:
- Because everyone else has one
- Because you like the sound of your own voice
- Because you want to look good
You'd be surprised how many people haven't thought this through. Any non-clarity on this subject at the early stages of a web development project will derail the outcome. Your reasons to have a website should be concise and easily-communicated to project stakeholders. They should also be testable - otherwise how will you know whether your project is a success?
Think it through! Then please contact us for a quote.